Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cabin Fever

Ok, so this is my first blog. It is totally rediculous to say that I am pushing 30 (where I will be forever) and have never created a blog. Where have I been? I will tell you where- working. That is until my dear hubby took a job across the country. Now I have been thrust into the exciting world of the stay-at-home-mom scene. Let me tell you, its not easy. That is not to say that sitting around all day while the kids run around me in circles at 350 MPH is the hard part. No, it is the area of stale air around me that seems to stand still as boredom creeps into the base of my head 5 minutes after I get out of bed each morning. After 4 years of running a business, people calling me, actual adult contact, and lets not forget the money coming in... what do Ido all day? And so emerges the blog. Oh I have seen them, clicked on them, even read a few in my day, but I never thought I would have the time to sit down and write one. And lets not forget that I hate to read... so chances are I may never read my own writing. However- with the 10 hours of free time I face every day, and the thought that I could be cleaning the house lingering over the back of my mind, the computer has become my friend. I have surfed the web, posted ads, and even tried some of those pay per click surveys and such. They are all meaningless ways to consume my time as I try to forget the thoughts that create that stale air around me... I am lonely... I am bored... and I am useless sitting in front of this wide screen.

No comments: